Connect with us

World News

Vladimir Putin decorates the American actor Steven Seagal

Published

on

Vladimir Putin decorates the American actor Steven Seagal, Magnate Daily
Reading Time: < 1 minute

Steph Deschamps / February 28, 2023

Vladimir Putin decorated on Monday the American actor Steven Seagal, ex-Hollywood star who became in recent years an active defender of the Russian president and, lately, of his offensive against Ukraine.
 
The Russian President signed a decree awarding the “Order of Friendship” to the actor for “his great contribution to the development of international cultural and humanitarian cooperation,” said a document published on the official legal website of the Russian government.
 
A specialist in aikido, Steven Seagal, 70, was one of the stars of American action films in the 1980s and 1990s. As his career declined, the Lansing, Michigan native gradually grew closer to authoritarian leaders, including the head of the Kremlin. In 2016, he had received a Russian passport from Vladimir Putin, while retaining his American citizenship. Settled in Russia since then, he even joined a nationalist party in 2021.
 
Last August, he travelled to eastern Ukraine to meet with the leader of the pro-Russian separatists in Donetsk, Denis Pushilin, and offer them his support. He visited the Olenivka prison near Donetsk, where dozens of Ukrainian prisoners were killed in an explosion this summer.
 
For Vladimir Putin’s 70th birthday in October, Steven Seagal also recorded a video supporting the Russian president, whom he called “one of the greatest leaders in the world.
 
I really hope and pray that he gets the support, love and respect he needs. And that all the current tribulations will end soon, that we will live in a peaceful world,” the former actor had added.
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World News

In front of Tucker Carlson, Vladimir Putin ironizes on the sabotage of the Nord Stream gas pipelines.

Published

on

In front of Tucker Carlson, Vladimir Putin ironizes on the sabotage of the Nord Stream gas pipelines., Magnate Daily
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Steph Deschamps / February 10, 2024
 
Nearly two years after the start of the war in Ukraine, the Russian president was interviewed by the former Fox News star host, who is hardly critical of Moscow.
 
A joke and a laugh, proving that Vladimir Putin was rather relaxed for his first interview with a Western journalist since the start of the war in Ukraine. The Russian president was interviewed on Thursday February 8 by former Fox News star Tucker Carlson, who is not very critical of Moscow. Vladimir Putin took advantage of this favorable interlocutor to slip in a little joke.
 
The conservative journalist, who is close to Donald Trump, asked the Kremlin leader about the sabotage of the Nord Stream gas pipelines in September 2022.
  
“Who blew up Nord Stream?” he asked. “You did,” Vladimir Putin replied with a smirk. With an embarrassed laugh, Tucker Carlson continued: “I was too busy that day. I didn’t blow up Nord Stream”. “You personally have an alibi, but the CIA doesn’t,” retorted the Russian president, more seriously.
 
The explosion of the Nord Stream 1 and 2 gas pipelines on September 26, 2022, causing four huge gas leaks into the international waters of the Baltic Sea, has given rise to numerous nebulous theories on Russia’s part. Many of these point to Ukraine’s responsibility.
 
Various media investigations have attributed this responsibility to Ukraine, Russia or the USA, but all have denied it. Three investigations have been opened into the matter, in Germany, Sweden and Denmark. The Swedish investigation was the first to end on Wednesday, without any prosecution.
 
“There is no indication that Sweden or Swedish citizens were involved in this attack, which took place in international waters,” the Swedish prosecutor said in a statement. “The conclusion of the investigation is that it is not within Swedish jurisdiction and that the investigation should therefore be closed,” he said.
 
In addition to the Nord Stream sabotage, Vladimir Putin also spoke at length with Tucker Carlson about the war in Ukraine. In particular, he felt that a Russian defeat in Ukraine was “impossible”. “It will never happen [defeat]. It seems to me that now, those in power in the West are also aware of this,” added the man who launched the invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.
 
In his two-hour message to America and the West, he also said: “If you really want to stop the fighting, you must stop supplying arms”, in reference to Western aid to Kiev, as Politico points out. He added: “The situation will be resolved in a few weeks. » 
  
The Kremlin leader also ruled out an invasion of Poland or Latvia. “Can you imagine a scenario in which you send Russian troops into Poland?” asked Tucker Carlson. “Only in one scenario, if Poland attacks Russia,” Vladimir Putin replied.
 
The Russian president also took the view that the election of a new US president, scheduled for November 5and expected to pit Republican Donald Trump against Democrat Joe Biden, would not change relations between the United States and Russia.
 
Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin are both full of praise for each other. The former has boasted, without further elaboration, that he could resolve the war in Ukraine in 24 hours if re-elected. President Joe Biden, on the other hand, has described his Russian counterpart as a war criminal, and is unwavering in his support for Kiev.
Continue Reading

World News

King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, Prince Harry to visit UK

Published

on

King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, Prince Harry to visit UK, Magnate Daily
Reading Time: < 1 minute

Steph Deschamps / February 7, 2024

 

The 75-year-old British monarch was diagnosed with cancer during prostate surgery ten days ago.
 
Prince Harry, exiled to the USA with his family, has spoken to his father King Charles III after his cancer diagnosis and will visit him in the UK in the next few days, the British news agency PA quoted a source close to the Duke of Sussex as saying.
 
The 75-year-old British monarch was diagnosed with cancer during prostate surgery ten days ago, and has begun treatment, although he has no plans to cease all activities, Buckingham Palace announced on Monday.
 
Charles’s youngest son, who lives in California with his wife Meghan and their two children, will therefore be returning to British soil despite notorious tensions with his father and older brother William, the source said. For security reasons, details of his trip to the UK have not been released.
 
Harry, 39, and his wife Meghan, 42, relinquished their royal duties in early 2020 due to conflicts and tensions, including accusations of racism, and media pressure.
 
The couple subsequently continued to criticize the British establishment, through an uncompromising autobiography by the prince, a documentary series on Netflix and an interview with the influential Oprah Winfrey.
 
Since the funeral of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II in September 2022, Prince Harry has made only one whirlwind trip to his father’s coronation on May 6, 2023 – without Meghan – and another a few weeks later to testify in a trial pitting him against a tabloid newspaper, against which he is waging numerous legal battles.
Continue Reading

World News

Second day in hospital for King Charles III

Published

on

Second day in hospital for King Charles III, Magnate Daily
Reading Time: 2 minutes

Sylvie Claire / January 29, 2024

 

King Charles III, who underwent prostate surgery on Friday, is spending his second day in a London clinic on Saturday, where he was visited by his wife Camilla.
 
The 75-year-old king arrived with Camilla at the London Clinic on Friday morning, where Kate, wife of Crown Prince William, who underwent abdominal surgery last week, is also hospitalized.
 
Shortly after Charles’ operation, the Queen told people inside the clinic on Friday afternoon that Charles was “doing well”, according to British media reports. It was not specified when he would be discharged.
 
Camilla visited him mid-day on Saturday for around three hours.
 
Last week, Le Palais announced its diagnosis of prostate hypertrophy, to encourage screening for this very common and generally harmless condition in men of a certain age.
 
The Palais insisted on the routine nature of this procedure, which affects “thousands of men every year ».
 
Charles III, who succeeded Elizabeth II in September 2022, had cancelled several public engagements last week to rest. Following his operation, he will have to undergo a “short period” of convalescence, the duration of which has not been specified.
 
Princess Kate, 42, has been hospitalized at the London Clinic since January 16. The pathology from which she suffers has not been revealed.
 
The princely couple’s departments assured us that her abdominal surgery had been “successful”, and asked that her privacy be respected, demanding “that her personal medical information remain confidential”. The only information leaked by the monarchy was that it was not cancer.
 
On January 17, the princely couple’s staff indicated that she would have to remain in hospital for ten to fourteen days. She is unlikely to resume her public activities before the end of March.
 
Prince William has cancelled a number of public engagements while she recovers from her operation.
Continue Reading

Trending