Connect with us

World News

Zelensky near the front, new drone strike on a Russian base

Published

on

Reading Time: 3 minutes

Steph Deschamps / December 7, 2022

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky went on Tuesday near the frontline, not far from Bakhmut, the main battlefield in eastern Ukraine where the Ukrainian army has been resisting a Russian offensive for months.
 
This trip also comes at a time when Russia accuses its neighbor of multiplying drone attacks against airfields on its territory, which Washington has however declared ‘not to encourage’.
 
Kiev does not claim responsibility for these strikes, but they illustrate the difficulties encountered by the invasion launched on 24 February by Vladimir Putin.
 
“We do not allow Ukraine to organize strikes beyond its borders, we do not encourage Ukraine to launch strikes beyond its borders,” assured to the press in Washington, the spokesman for the U.S. diplomacy Ned Price. Everything we do, everything the world does to support Ukraine, is in support of Ukraine’s independence’.
 
The Ukrainians continue to suffer power cuts, the day after a new series of bombings on the energy infrastructure of their country.
 
These attacks cause ‘a new level of humanitarian needs’ for the population, the head of the UN humanitarian agency said in New York.
 
Since October, the prolonged attacks on the energy infrastructure of Ukraine have created a new level of need that affects the entire country and aggravates the needs caused by the war,” said Martin Griffiths before the UN Security Council. 
 
For his part, President Volodymyr Zelensky released three videos of himself in the Donbass, a region that Moscow claimed as its annexation in September, but does not fully control.
 
Eastern Ukraine is the most difficult axis (of the front),’ Zelensky told servicemen on the occasion of the Armed Forces Day. Thank you for your resilience,” he added, before handing out decorations.
 
Nearby, in the pro-Russian stronghold of Donetsk, six civilians were killed in Ukrainian strikes, according to local authorities.
  
Volodymyr Zelensky regularly visits the frontline, something that the Kremlin master has never done so far, preferring video-conferences from his office or his residence.
 
Vladimir Putin has only made rare trips, such as to annexed Crimea on Monday, where images showed him driving a vehicle over the bridge linking this peninsula to Russia, which had been partially destroyed in early October by an attack attributed by Moscow to Kiev.
 
The Ukrainian president was only 45 kilometers from Bakhmut, which Russian forces have been trying to conquer since the summer at the cost of considerable destruction, without succeeding for the moment.
 
Moscow has deployed not only soldiers, but also the paramilitary group Wagner, which has recruited criminals.
 
The capture of Bakhmut would finally constitute a success for the Russians, who have been suffering setbacks since the autumn, forced to retreat to the north-east and the south.
 
Faced with the multiplication of these defeats, the Kremlin has decided, since October, to concentrate its attacks on Ukrainian energy installations, depriving the population of electricity, and even of water and heating, at a time when winter is arriving with its negative temperatures.
 
Again on Tuesday, the Russian Minister of Defense, Sergei Choigou, explained these ‘massive strikes’ by the need to ‘reduce the military potential of Ukraine’.
 
While the Kremlin keeps swearing that it will overcome the Ukrainian resistance, the last few months have proven to be very difficult for the Russian military, faced with Ukrainians motivated and armed by their Western allies.
 
Moscow has also denounced Ukrainian attacks on military airfields over the past two days, including two targeted on Monday, which are located several hundred kilometers from the border. Kiev has not officially admitted any responsibility in these actions.
 
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov called them a ‘dangerous factor’, adding, without giving details, that ‘necessary measures will be taken’.
 
The Russian newspaper Kommersant writes that Ukraine used Soviet TU-141 drones to strike, in particular, on Monday, the base of Engels, housing strategic bombers and located 500 km from the nearest Ukrainian border.
 
The British Ministry of Defence said on Tuesday that if Kiev had been able to carry out such an operation, Moscow must consider it as ‘the most significant strategic failure to protect its forces since the invasion of Ukraine’.
 
In addition, on Tuesday morning, another drone attack, this time in the area of the Kursk airfield, near the Ukrainian border, set fire to a fuel tank.
 
Finally, Kiev and Moscow proceeded to a new exchange of prisoners, announced the Russian Ministry of Defense, noting in a statement that ’60 Russian servicemen’ had been released on Tuesday.

Chris TDL Organizations is a Multinational parent managing company or multiple marketing and brand management entities.

World News

In front of Tucker Carlson, Vladimir Putin ironizes on the sabotage of the Nord Stream gas pipelines.

Published

on

In front of Tucker Carlson, Vladimir Putin ironizes on the sabotage of the Nord Stream gas pipelines., Magnate Daily
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Steph Deschamps / February 10, 2024
 
Nearly two years after the start of the war in Ukraine, the Russian president was interviewed by the former Fox News star host, who is hardly critical of Moscow.
 
A joke and a laugh, proving that Vladimir Putin was rather relaxed for his first interview with a Western journalist since the start of the war in Ukraine. The Russian president was interviewed on Thursday February 8 by former Fox News star Tucker Carlson, who is not very critical of Moscow. Vladimir Putin took advantage of this favorable interlocutor to slip in a little joke.
 
The conservative journalist, who is close to Donald Trump, asked the Kremlin leader about the sabotage of the Nord Stream gas pipelines in September 2022.
  
“Who blew up Nord Stream?” he asked. “You did,” Vladimir Putin replied with a smirk. With an embarrassed laugh, Tucker Carlson continued: “I was too busy that day. I didn’t blow up Nord Stream”. “You personally have an alibi, but the CIA doesn’t,” retorted the Russian president, more seriously.
 
The explosion of the Nord Stream 1 and 2 gas pipelines on September 26, 2022, causing four huge gas leaks into the international waters of the Baltic Sea, has given rise to numerous nebulous theories on Russia’s part. Many of these point to Ukraine’s responsibility.
 
Various media investigations have attributed this responsibility to Ukraine, Russia or the USA, but all have denied it. Three investigations have been opened into the matter, in Germany, Sweden and Denmark. The Swedish investigation was the first to end on Wednesday, without any prosecution.
 
“There is no indication that Sweden or Swedish citizens were involved in this attack, which took place in international waters,” the Swedish prosecutor said in a statement. “The conclusion of the investigation is that it is not within Swedish jurisdiction and that the investigation should therefore be closed,” he said.
 
In addition to the Nord Stream sabotage, Vladimir Putin also spoke at length with Tucker Carlson about the war in Ukraine. In particular, he felt that a Russian defeat in Ukraine was “impossible”. “It will never happen [defeat]. It seems to me that now, those in power in the West are also aware of this,” added the man who launched the invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.
 
In his two-hour message to America and the West, he also said: “If you really want to stop the fighting, you must stop supplying arms”, in reference to Western aid to Kiev, as Politico points out. He added: “The situation will be resolved in a few weeks. » 
  
The Kremlin leader also ruled out an invasion of Poland or Latvia. “Can you imagine a scenario in which you send Russian troops into Poland?” asked Tucker Carlson. “Only in one scenario, if Poland attacks Russia,” Vladimir Putin replied.
 
The Russian president also took the view that the election of a new US president, scheduled for November 5and expected to pit Republican Donald Trump against Democrat Joe Biden, would not change relations between the United States and Russia.
 
Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin are both full of praise for each other. The former has boasted, without further elaboration, that he could resolve the war in Ukraine in 24 hours if re-elected. President Joe Biden, on the other hand, has described his Russian counterpart as a war criminal, and is unwavering in his support for Kiev.
Continue Reading

World News

King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, Prince Harry to visit UK

Published

on

King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, Prince Harry to visit UK, Magnate Daily
Reading Time: < 1 minute

Steph Deschamps / February 7, 2024

 

The 75-year-old British monarch was diagnosed with cancer during prostate surgery ten days ago.
 
Prince Harry, exiled to the USA with his family, has spoken to his father King Charles III after his cancer diagnosis and will visit him in the UK in the next few days, the British news agency PA quoted a source close to the Duke of Sussex as saying.
 
The 75-year-old British monarch was diagnosed with cancer during prostate surgery ten days ago, and has begun treatment, although he has no plans to cease all activities, Buckingham Palace announced on Monday.
 
Charles’s youngest son, who lives in California with his wife Meghan and their two children, will therefore be returning to British soil despite notorious tensions with his father and older brother William, the source said. For security reasons, details of his trip to the UK have not been released.
 
Harry, 39, and his wife Meghan, 42, relinquished their royal duties in early 2020 due to conflicts and tensions, including accusations of racism, and media pressure.
 
The couple subsequently continued to criticize the British establishment, through an uncompromising autobiography by the prince, a documentary series on Netflix and an interview with the influential Oprah Winfrey.
 
Since the funeral of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II in September 2022, Prince Harry has made only one whirlwind trip to his father’s coronation on May 6, 2023 – without Meghan – and another a few weeks later to testify in a trial pitting him against a tabloid newspaper, against which he is waging numerous legal battles.
Continue Reading

World News

Second day in hospital for King Charles III

Published

on

Second day in hospital for King Charles III, Magnate Daily
Reading Time: 2 minutes

Sylvie Claire / January 29, 2024

 

King Charles III, who underwent prostate surgery on Friday, is spending his second day in a London clinic on Saturday, where he was visited by his wife Camilla.
 
The 75-year-old king arrived with Camilla at the London Clinic on Friday morning, where Kate, wife of Crown Prince William, who underwent abdominal surgery last week, is also hospitalized.
 
Shortly after Charles’ operation, the Queen told people inside the clinic on Friday afternoon that Charles was “doing well”, according to British media reports. It was not specified when he would be discharged.
 
Camilla visited him mid-day on Saturday for around three hours.
 
Last week, Le Palais announced its diagnosis of prostate hypertrophy, to encourage screening for this very common and generally harmless condition in men of a certain age.
 
The Palais insisted on the routine nature of this procedure, which affects “thousands of men every year ».
 
Charles III, who succeeded Elizabeth II in September 2022, had cancelled several public engagements last week to rest. Following his operation, he will have to undergo a “short period” of convalescence, the duration of which has not been specified.
 
Princess Kate, 42, has been hospitalized at the London Clinic since January 16. The pathology from which she suffers has not been revealed.
 
The princely couple’s departments assured us that her abdominal surgery had been “successful”, and asked that her privacy be respected, demanding “that her personal medical information remain confidential”. The only information leaked by the monarchy was that it was not cancer.
 
On January 17, the princely couple’s staff indicated that she would have to remain in hospital for ten to fourteen days. She is unlikely to resume her public activities before the end of March.
 
Prince William has cancelled a number of public engagements while she recovers from her operation.
Continue Reading

Trending