Connect with us

World News

Sex, murder, drugs, racism: what you didn’t know about Prince Harry

Published

on

Reading Time: 4 minutes

Steph Deschamps / January 10, 2023

The Substitute”. This is the title of the book of Prince Harry which comes out this Tuesday. A book preceded by a scathing interview on English television. Harry reveals himself as never before. Not sure that the Royal Palace is delighted. Shocking!

 

The book of Prince Harry is released this Tuesday. On Sunday night, he was interviewed on English television.

Advertisement

 

Harry took cocaine. An interview of the Prince was broadcasted on Sunday in England. During this interview, Harry made some surprising confidences. He revealed that he had touched drugs. Cocaine, marijuana, hallucinogenic mushrooms … There would have even been photos of him taking coke that a newspaper wanted to publish. The affair was more or less hushed up.

 

The Prince killed soldiers in Afghanistan. This is “the” revelation that does not pass. In his book, excerpts of which have already been widely leaked to the press, Harry confides that he killed 25 Taliban fighters during his missions in Afghanistan, revelations that have caused a huge outcry. Some in the British army see this as a form of betrayal. Colonel Richard Kemp, a retired military officer, said the Prince’s comments “betrayed the comrades he fought alongside and put British troops at risk of retribution. “He has betrayed the trust of the army in the same way that he betrayed his family,” said Colonel Tim Collins, quoted by The Times. These revelations have caused a reaction even from the Taliban, with a senior official accusing him of “war crimes ».

Advertisement

 

He lost his virginity to an older woman. Does Harry have to tell everything? In his book, he goes so far as to recount his “first time” with a woman older than him. “She loved horses, very much so, and treated me like a young stallion. A quick ride, after which she gave me a slap on the rump. It happened in a field behind a busy pub. Harry has the delicacy not to reveal his name. But the English media have two names in mind: the actress Elizabeth Hurley or the ex-top model Suzanna Harvey, now CEO of an airport.

 

He is haunted by the death of his mother. In this interview that all of England watched on Sunday night, Harry tells how he learned about the death of his mother, Princess Diana. He is literally haunted by the death of his mother, he explains. He asked to see the secret file concerning the death but it was refused to him in particular because there were too hard photos in the file. He castigates the paparazzi who continued to photograph his mother dying in the car. “There are still things I didn’t understand about that night, things that weren’t explained to me. So I drove myself through the Alma bridge tunnel at the same speed, trying to understand,” he says. A poignant moment.

Advertisement

 

He hates the tabloids, who give it back to him. In this confessional interview, the English press, often formidable with the royal family and in particular with Harry and Meghan, takes it for its big. “The level of leaks organized by some members of the royal family for 10 years means that I allowed myself to reveal things in this book. My family has been ‘complicit’ in the pain my wife and I have felt. If people say bad things about me every day, that’s okay. But if it affects my wife or my kids, it’s not the same thing. It’s also one of the reasons we moved to California (…) The silence of the monarchy on some of the stories that have come out, pure lies, is hard to swallow. I would have hoped that they would have taken my defense. But they didn’t. And when I read ‘sources in the Royal Palace say this or that’, it’s hard to take.” And if the names are never given, Harry has his little idea …

 

Accusations of racism. “I’ve been called a racist”. Harry seems to have had a hard time swallowing this. But admits mistakes. We remember that famous costume party where he wore a Nazi armband. Harry and Meghan have in turn insinuated that members of the royal family are racist. He also accuses his brother and his wife Kate of having had “stereotypes” towards Meghan, an American actress of mixed race, which “created an obstacle” to fully welcome her into the family.

Advertisement

 

He’s striking gold with his revelations. Penguin Random House, which publishes “The Substitute,” has paid several million dollars to buy Prince Harry’s long-awaited memoir. Between 35 and 40 million, according to Entertainment Tonight. As well as Netflix, which has dropped several tens of millions (there is talk of 100 million dollars) for the series recently released on the platform, where Harry and his wife Meghan reveal some of their secrets. There should be other books after “The Substitute”. You can’t kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

World News

Moscow attack: Vladimir Putin promises those responsible will all be “punished”, EI says four of its fighters carried out the attack

Published

on

Moscow attack: Vladimir Putin promises those responsible will all be “punished”, EI says four of its fighters carried out the attack, Magnate Daily
Reading Time: 2 minutes

Eva Deschamps / March 23,

 

At least 133 people were killed on Friday evening in an armed attack followed by a huge fire at a concert hall on the outskirts of Moscow, which was claimed by the jihadist group Islamic State (EI).
 
The four perpetrators” of the attack were arrested “on their way to Ukraine”, said the Russian president on Saturday March 23.
 
The Russian president spoke at a time of terrible tragedy in Russia. “The four perpetrators” of the attack near Moscow were arrested “on their way to Ukraine”, he said in a televised speech broadcast the day after the murderous attack. “According to initial data [from investigators], on the Ukrainian side, a passage had been prepared for them to cross the border”, he continued, notes Le Monde.
 
The attack, which killed at least 133 people near Moscow, was in the eyes of the Kremlin leader a “bloody and barbaric act of terrorism”. “Peaceful, innocent people […] including children, teenagers and women” were killed, he continued, adding, “I express my deepest and most sincere condolences to those who have lost their loved ones.” A national day of mourning will be observed on March 24.
 
“War”. In his speech, Vladimir Putin assured that “those behind these terrorists will be punished” and that they “will have no future”. On Saturday, the Kremlin announced that eleven people had been arrested, including the four suspects who carried out the attack.

 
As a reminder, the Islamic State (EI) claimed responsibility for the attack. Its Afghan branch, the Islamic State in Khorassan, known as “EI-K”, is suspected of being behind the attack. According to EI, the attack is part of a “raging war” between the organization and countries fighting Islam, its Amaq news agency said in a statement.
Continue Reading

World News

Princess Kate announces cancer diagnosis

Published

on

Princess Kate announces cancer diagnosis, Magnate Daily
Reading Time: 2 minutes

Sylvie Claire / March 23,

 

After weeks of silence from the British royal family, cancer-stricken Princess Kate has announced that she has begun chemotherapy.

 
Princess Kate has been diagnosed with cancer, Kensington Palace announced on Friday evening. The wife of the heir to the British throne has begun chemotherapy. “I’m fine,” assured the 42-year-old princess after her cancer diagnosis was announced. In a video, the princess explained, “I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you personally for all the wonderful messages of support and for your understanding. While I was recovering from surgery, it was an incredibly difficult two months for the whole family. But I had the benefit of a fantastic medical team who took great care of me, for which I am very grateful. In January, I underwent a major domino operation in London and, at the time, my condition was not thought to be cancerous“.
 
She continues: “The operation was successful, but tests carried out after the operation revealed the presence of cancer. My medical team therefore advised me to undergo preventive chemotherapy, and I am now in the early stages of this treatment. William and I have done everything in our power to manage this situation privately, in the best interests of our young family“.
 

Princess Kate explains that it has taken them some time to explain the situation to their children George, Charlotte and Louis. She concludes her message: “But for now, I need to focus on my full recovery. I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For anyone facing this disease in any form, don’t lose faith or hide. You are not alone.

Advertisement

 

She underwent major abdominal surgery on January 16 at the London Clinic, where she was hospitalized for ten days. For weeks, rumors had been circulating about the princess’s state of health.
Continue Reading

World News

Dragon Ball: a theme park inspired by Toriyama’s universe is coming soon!

Published

on

Dragon Ball: a theme park inspired by Toriyama’s universe is coming soon!, Magnate Daily
Reading Time: < 1 minute

Steph Deschamps / March 23,

 

The world’s first theme park inspired by the world of the famous Japanese manga and anime series Dragon Ball is to be built in a future leisure city in Saudi Arabia, the developer of this colossal project announced on Friday.
 
The planned opening date of this 500,000 m2 theme park was not specified, nor was its cost, as is usually the case for the Saudi kingdom’s tourism megaprojects.
 
Located in Qiddiya, near the capital Riyadh, the park will feature seven different zones from the Dragon Ball universe, around 30 attractions as well as hotels and restaurants, according to a press release from Qiddiya Investment Company, also issued by Japanese studio Toei Animation, producer of the franchise’s cartoons.
 
The death of Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama on March 1 at the age of 68 provoked a worldwide wave of emotion, reflecting the immense popularity of his work.

 
First published in 1984, Dragon Ball is one of the best-selling mangas of all time, and has spawned countless animated series, films and video games. It recounts the adventures of Son Goku, a young martial arts prodigy in search of seven crystal balls to help him and his allies protect the Earth from evil enemies.
 
The new town of Qiddiya is one of the pharaonic projects in Saudi Arabia’s “Vision 2030” program, designed to develop the country’s tourism industry and reduce its economy’s heavy dependence on hydrocarbons.
 
Qiddiya will eventually house several theme parks, sports facilities and cultural venues. Construction of the city began in 2019, but its completion date is not known.
Continue Reading

Trending