Connect with us

World News

Death toll rises after Russian strikes in Dnipro, Ukraine, with 35 dead, including two children

Published

on

Reading Time: 2 minutes

Eva Deschamps / January 16, 2023

The death toll from the weekend strike in Dnipro, eastern Ukraine, rose to at least 35 on Monday, the day after NATO announced that it would be sending new heavy Western weapons. For his part, Russian President Vladimir Putin spoke of a “positive dynamic” for his troops on the frontline and Russian-Belarusian military air exercises began earlier this week in Belarus, a country allied with Russia, Minsk assuring that they were only “defensive” in nature.
 
According to Ukrainian regional governor Valentyn Reznichenko, the Russian strike that destroyed a building in Dnipro on Saturday killed at least 35 people, including two children, and injured dozens. “39 people were saved, 75 were injured,” he added on social networks. He said that “the fate of another 35 residents of the building is unknown”, while rescue operations are continuing.
 
Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Sunday that Vladimir Putin had “overestimated the strength” of his troops by invading Ukraine. “We see their missteps, their lack of morale, their command problems, their poor equipment” and their “heavy losses,” he told German daily Handelsblatt. “The recent (Western) pledges to deliver heavy weaponry are important – and I expect there to be more in the near future,” he added, just days before a new coordination meeting in Germany on January 20 of Western countries providing aid to Ukraine.
 
The West has long been reluctant to deliver heavier weaponry to Kiev, fearing that they would be drawn into the war. But in early January, France, Germany and the United States finally promised to send infantry tanks or reconnaissance tanks – 40 German Marders, 50 American Bradleys and French AMX-10 RCs. 
The United Kingdom announced on Saturday that it would deliver 14 Challenger 2 tanks to Ukraine “in the next few weeks” – the first country to supply Western-made heavy tanks to Kiev. Russian diplomacy said that this arms shipment would “in no way accelerate the end of military hostilities, but only intensify them”.
Kiev had already received from its allies heavy tanks of Soviet design – nearly 300 – but none of Western manufacture. Poland said on Wednesday that it was ready to deliver 14 German Leopard 2 heavy tanks, which requires the approval of Berlin.
 
While his army seems to be struggling against Western-backed Ukrainian forces, Vladimir Putin assured that “everything is going according to plan” in an interview on Russian state television broadcast on Sunday. “The momentum is positive and everything is going according to the plans of the Defense Ministry and the General Staff. I hope that our fighters will delight us more than once with their military achievements,” he said, after a question from a journalist of the Rossia-1 channel about the “news from Soledar”, which the Russian army claimed to have conquered on Friday.
 
The capture of this small Ukrainian town was presented in Moscow as a success but the Ukrainian Deputy Minister of Defense Ganna Maliar assured Sunday evening that the Ukrainian forces had held their positions in Soledar. “The battle for Soledar, for Bakhmut, for the whole Donetsk region, for the Lugansk region continues without any respite,” said Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Chris TDL Organizations is a Multinational parent managing company or multiple marketing and brand management entities.

World News

Shooting in Hamburg, Germany, leaves two dead

Published

on

Shooting in Hamburg, Germany, leaves two dead, Magnate Daily
Reading Time: < 1 minutes

Sylvie Claire / March 27, 2023

Two people died in a shooting that took place Saturday night in Hamburg (Germany). According to the police, a man would have shot another individual before turning the weapon against him.
 
It could be a settlement of accounts between motorcycle gangs, the German press reported Sunday.
 
Earlier this month, the city of Hamburg was the scene of a shooting that left 7 dead and 12 wounded among the Jehovah’s Witness community.
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Actor Peter Hardy, known for his role in “Neighbours”, was found dead

Published

on

Actor Peter Hardy, known for his role in &#8220;Neighbours&#8221;, was found dead, Magnate Daily
Reading Time: < 1 minutes

Steph Deschamps / March 20, 2023

Peter Hardy is gone. The “Neighbours” actor died of drowning on a beach in Australia.
   
The world of cinema is in mourning this Sunday. We learned that Peter Hardy died on Thursday. The Australian actor died of drowning on a beach in Fremantle near Perth, Australia. According to several local sources, he was snorkeling at the time of the facts.
 
Peter Hardy was known for his role in the soap opera “Neighbours”. He had a career of almost 40 years on the big and small screen. He had also participated in the musical “Mamma Mia”.
 
The actor was 66 years old.
Continue Reading

World News

War in Ukraine: the International Criminal Court will not let go of Vladimir Putin, the international arrest warrant remains valid for life

Published

on

Reading Time: < 1 minutes
The arrest warrant issued by the International Criminal Court in The Hague (ICC) for Russian President Vladimir Putin will remain valid even if Russia’s war against Ukraine ends.
 
“There is no statute of limitations on war crimes,” ICC Chief Prosecutor Karim Khan told BBC Radio on Monday.
 
The latter highlights Vladimir Putin’s alleged responsibility for the war crimes committed in Ukraine since Russia invaded the country. The arrest warrants against the head of state and his commissioner for children’s rights, Maria Lvova-Belova, will therefore remain hanging over their heads for the rest of their lives, he said. “Unless they appear before the independent judges of the court and the judges decide to drop the charges. »
 
The arrest warrants are essentially symbolic. A trial seems to be out of the question for the time being.
  
The British lawyer and chief prosecutor in the trial of former Serbian leader Slobodan Milosevic in The Hague told Sky News reporters that because of the arrest warrant for him, Vladimir Putin has become a wanted criminal. “This label will stick to him for the rest of his life, unless he is tried and acquitted or, which is almost unthinkable, the ICC withdraws the arrest warrant,” he explained. “The arrest warrant is a very, very important and encouraging step,” he said.
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2022 Chris TDL Organizations.